[opentheory-users] extending the standard library

Joe Leslie-Hurd joe at gilith.com
Tue Apr 12 18:11:38 UTC 2016

Hi Ramana,

The intent is for the standard theory library to always be evolving,
but slowly, because it's supposed to contain the base theories that
*every* HOL theorem prover supports.

Looking through the theory I see a lot of defined constants that also
occur in the OpenTheory standard library (e.g., list.UNZIP), and I was
wondering why the HOL4 base theory has its own version?