[opentheory-users] Scalable LCF-style proof translation

Ramana Kumar ramana at member.fsf.org
Tue Feb 18 17:12:47 UTC 2014

Hi Joe, Cezary, Alex,

I am planning, in the next few months, to export an extremely large
proof from HOL4 into a format where I can check it with a standalone
checker. (This proof takes hours to construct in HOL4.) OpenTheory
seems the obvious choice as a proof storage medium, but the current
format and implementations struggle with even moderate-sized proofs.
I'd be very interested to hear about progress towards using the ideas
from Cezary and Alex's paper to improving the scalability of
OpenTheory technology. Have you made any progress on this front? Would
you be interested in working on it with me?

I hope we will be able to coordinate on this, since I think it's
important work and each of us has something crucial to offer towards
it.

As a first item, I would think that the OpenTheory article format
needs to be updated, as we were discussing earlier. Joe, Alex, did you
come to any conclusions about whether changes are necessary and what
they would look like?

Cheers,
Ramana