[opentheory-users] WFREC

Joe Hurd joe at gilith.com
Thu Apr 5 04:19:35 UTC 2012

[While I'm finally catching up on my email] one thing I might add to
this discussion is that constants and type operators that are specific
to the infrastructure of a single theorem prover don't necessarily
have to be part of the OpenTheory standard theory library. The
constants you list don't appear in the final theorems returned by the
recursive function definition package, but are simply used to prove
that the desired recursive functions exist. The relevant theory
infrastructure could be "statically linked" in theories exported from
HOL4.

However, I'm not saying that such constants should never appear in
OpenTheory. It may well be the case that, say, RESTRICT is a perfectly
general operator for restricting the domain of relations that could be
useful in a variety of contexts, and if that was the case then it
would be a good addition to the Relation namespace.