[opentheory-users] update command

Joe Leslie-Hurd joe at gilith.com
Mon Nov 10 15:48:07 UTC 2014

I'm just cleaning up some old email, and I wanted to close this feature request.

The opentheory tool now supports an upgrade command, which has the
following help:

$ opentheory upgrade -h
opentheory: displaying option information
usage: opentheory upgrade [upgrade options] QUERY
Upgrade packages with later versions on a repo.
Displaying upgrade options:
  -- ............... no more options
  -?, -h, --help ... display option information and exit
  -v, --version .... display version information
QUERY is a package query (e.g., NAME or Upgradable).
NAME is a package name (e.g., base).
If the QUERY argument is missing all installed packages are upgraded.

You still use opentheory list Upgradable to see which theory packages
are able to be upgraded, but now actually upgrading them all is a
simple matter of typing

opentheory upgrade

Or if you want to upgrade specific packages, then for example:

opentheory upgrade natural-fibonacci