[opentheory-users] my first package

Joe Hurd joe at gilith.com
Sun Sep 18 17:58:10 UTC 2011

Hi Ramana,

Congratulations on uploading your first theory!

I should explain that the theory import mechanism is used to compose
theories, so in cl-0.2 your theory file declared a theory that was
essentially (base + cl-0.1). The OpenTheory toolset currently doesn't
have much support for checking that the assumptions of one theory are
satisfied by the theorems of another, so I sometimes use a theory like
(base + X) as a "test theory" to see what assumptions are not covered
by base (they show up as axioms), but X is a much more useful theory
than (base + X) for others to plug into their own theory compositions.

As an aside, I'm working on a better way to check that theory
assumptions are provable than creating test theories.