[opentheory-users] quoted strings

Ramana Kumar ramana.kumar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 07:18:06 UTC 2011

Thinking about this more, it seems like there are really two types of
value here, so there should be two types (of object) to match.
I think an elegant approach would be to make the double-quote command
produce a plain string object (which can be an argument to the var and
varType commands), and have a separate command and object type for
constant/namespace names that actually takes a list of strings and a
string (or just a list). Incidentally, dots would then not have to be
escaped.
What do you all think?