[opentheory-users] article writer for HOL4

Ramana Kumar ramana.kumar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 08:41:33 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Ramana Kumar <ramana.kumar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 11:58 PM, Joe Hurd <joe at gilith.com> wrote:
>> Hi Ramana,
>>
>>> I have (almost) written an OpenTheory article writer for HOL4. (The only thing
>>> unimplemented at the moment is type definitions.)
>>
>> Great job! I'm looking forward to seeing its output.
>>
>>>  Is there a HOL4 theory anyone would particularly like packaged as an
>>>  OpenTheory package?
>>
>> I've just had a browse through the HOL4 sources, and I think the
>> "float" theory of IEEE floating point arithmetic would make a great
>> addition to the current theory library.
>
> It would be good to work up to that. For starters I'm trying to get
> examples/ind_def/cl because it doesn't depend on pre-packaging
> anything else above the standard library. (float and ieee would need
> real and arithmetic and other stuff first.)

Oh one thing the cl (which is combinatory logic by the way) theory
does need is inductive datatypes, which don't appear to be in the
standard library in a general form.
Since I think it's an "internal" issue, how different systems
implement datatypes, I'm temporarily putting constants like HOL4's
ind_type$recspace (out of which inductive datatypes are carved),
ind_type$CONSTR, etc., into the HOL4.Datatype namespace.
The HOL4 namespace might become more populated with such
library-implementation constants over time, or we might decide to
standardise their implementations (at least as far as the theories
supporting the libraries go)... thoughts?