[opentheory-users] Retract upload

Joe Leslie-Hurd joe at leslie-hurd.com
Wed Jul 27 05:47:51 UTC 2016

Hi Ramana,

Sorry for the long delay on resolving this issue.

<executive-summary>It's all fixed: please try uploading the arm-model
package to the Gilith repo again.</executive-summary>

<gory-details>The root cause was a failure of the Gilith repo to
handle the situation where uploaded packages successfully install, but
with warnings. I believe I have fixed the repo code to handle this
case properly now: theories that generate warnings when installed are
not accepted for upload (and they are now cleanly removed from the
staging area).

The reason that the arm-model package generated warnings is that its
theorems contain terms with size larger than 10,000 nodes. The default
behaviour for the opentheory tool is to abbreviate such terms as
term{N} where N is the size, and generate a warning whenever this
occurs. I believe this is still useful behaviour when outputting a
theory on the command line like so:

opentheory info --theory arm-model

However, I believe this abbreviating of large terms is not so useful
when generating the HTML package document as part of installing a
theory, so the latest version of the opentheory tool (release
20160726) no longer abbreviates terms when generating HTML package
documents. Thus the arm-model theory will no longer generate this
warning and will (presumably) now be accepted as an upload to the
Gilith repo.</gory-details>

Thank you for your patience while I was investigating and fixing this.