[opentheory-users] What is "asms" doing (from import)

Joe Leslie-Hurd joe at gilith.com
Fri Jun 5 17:10:34 UTC 2015

Hi Robert,

This beast is one of the OpenTheory axioms in its expanded form, as we
discussed recently:

When you import a theory you are required to link the external symbols
(i.e., constants and type operators) to symbols in the logical
context, and also to satisfy the theory assumptions with theorems in
the logical context.

In normal situations no one would have to see this unparsable axiom,
because it is only used by the standard theory library, which contains
a set of theories already formalized in each theorem prover in the HOL
family, but the axiom is indeed present in the HOL Light logical
context and can be accessed as a theorem using the "axioms" function.