[opentheory-users] duplicate assumptions for "thm"

Joe Leslie-Hurd joe at gilith.com
Fri Jan 2 08:15:55 UTC 2015

Hi Ramana,

Thanks for bringing this up. I would expect most use-cases of the
article format to export theorems with no hypotheses, but it's good to
clarify the desired behaviour on all inputs.

In this case I think there is a missing constraint on the thm command
that the hypothesis list is distinct w.r.t. alpha-equivalence. I've
now made this constraint explicit in the standard:

http://www.gilith.com/research/opentheory/article.html#thmCommand

I've also updated the opentheory tool to detect violations of this
constraint, so from version 1.3 (release 20150102) it will produce
errors of the following form:

$ opentheory info foo.art
FATAL ERROR: opentheory failed:
error in file "foo.art" around line 31: