[opentheory-users] Troubleshooting an article reader

Joe Leslie-Hurd joe at gilith.com
Mon Oct 13 20:19:21 UTC 2014

Hi Rob,

You're right, "a" and "r" are not dummy free variables, but rather
hard-coded free variables in the rule. At present the only hard-coded
names in the OpenTheory spec are the names of the primitive symbols,
so this seemed a little inelegant to me.

However, I accept your point that it complicates the spec (because
readers have to implement the behaviour for both versions) and doesn't
solve a real problem, so the proposed change may not be worth it.

The easiest way of accessing version 5 of the article spec is to
follow the link at the bottom of version 6, but here's the direct link
for posterity:

http://www.gilith.com/research/opentheory/article-5.html