[opentheory-users] Error in 'make' for opentheory

Mario Carneiro di.gama at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 22:47:43 UTC 2014

The log was obtained via your earlier instruction:

make bin/polyml/selftest.sml
poly < bin/polyml/selftest.sml | tee poly.log

Executing "make polyml" yields the error message in the original email,

+-------------------------------------+
| Build and test the Poly/ML programs |
+-------------------------------------+

+---------------------------+
| Compile a Poly/ML program |

bin/polyml/selftest
cd bin/polyml && polyc  -o selftest selftest.sml
Exception- SysErr ... raised
Makefile:271: recipe for target 'bin/polyml/selftest' failed
make: *** [bin/polyml/selftest] Error 1

I'm not sure where the SysErr is coming from, since the other command
showed no trace of an exception. The two executables are never created - it
fails in the first compilation.