[opentheory-users] New principle of constant definition

Joe Leslie-Hurd joe at gilith.com
Thu Nov 6 06:58:05 UTC 2014

Hi Mario,

Quoting from Rob Arthan when I asked the same question some months ago:

"It doesn't claim to be more expressive. What it is designed to offer
is abstraction. The OpenTheory kernel has a different way of hiding
representation details, but HOL4, HOL Light, ProofPower and the
OpenTheory article format don't have that option."

The latest release of the opentheory tool does indeed compile
instances of defineConstList to defineConst exactly as you describe,
if you feed it a version 6 article and ask for a version 5 article as
output:

opentheory info --article -o foo5.art --output-version 5 foo6.art