[opentheory-users] New principle of constant definition

Mario Carneiro di.gama at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 06:50:56 UTC 2014

Could someone clue me in on why defineConstList (a.k.a
gen_new_specification) is necessary? From the paper, I read that it takes
as input

v1 = t1, ..., vn = tn |- p

and produces

|- p[c1/v1, ..., cn/vn]

Doesn't this trivially follow from the separate definitions c1 = t1, ...,
cn = tn? What is the purpose of a separate redundant axiom for this?

Mario