[opentheory-users] Multiple definitions in base package

Joe Leslie-Hurd joe at gilith.com
Tue Mar 18 17:49:19 UTC 2014

Hi Rob,

The HOLLight.* symbols are "auxiliary" type operators and constants that
are used in proofs but not exported by any theory. So it's not unreasonable
that it is defined multiple times in subtheories of base. However, what is
surprising is that the article compression algorithm implemented in the
opentheory tool does not fold the multiple definitions into a single
definition.

Thanks for the report: I'll look into the problem. This code will need
reworking anyway to process the new article commands.

If the multiple definitions are causing problems then as a workaround you
can pick an arbitrary new name for any symbols in the HOLLight namespace,
because such symbols are guaranteed never to be appear in any exported
theorem.