[opentheory-users] the Unwanted namespace

Joe Hurd joe at gilith.com
Thu Jan 19 11:11:21 UTC 2012

The current procedure for eliminating Unwanted.id constants only works
when they're applied to arguments, so even if you remove them from
assumptions and theorems they might still be present inside proofs.

Really the trick is to get rid of Unwanted constants from assumptions
and theorems (since constants that are only present inside proofs are
trapped and can never escape to their environment). So Michael's
solution of replacing the point-free version of theorems containing
Unwanted constants with point-full versions should work just fine,
though on an ad-hoc basis.