[opentheory-users] the Unwanted namespace

Ramana Kumar ramana.kumar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 20:48:20 UTC 2012

Yes I think the theory package *-file lines allow any kind of file to be
attached to a package.

The only reason to have an extra hol4 article file is tags like Abbrev and
NUMERAL. Everything else, as I mentioned before, can be done separately
from the article.
So, to summarise what's required on the HOL4 side to package an existing
HOL4 theory:
1. Log the article without translating any constants to Unwanted.id (i.e.
don't mark anything as tags); maybe just put constants that won't be in a
standard namespace into the HOL4 namespace.
2. In the theory package file, name the article from step 1 as the
hol4-theory-file. Probably post-process it with the opentheory tool too.
3. Create a new copy of the article file from step 1, and rename the tags
(I'm thinking just a search+replace taking "HOL4.Abbrev" -> "Unwanted.id",
etc. might be enough, right?), then postprocess with opentheory to remove
them.
4. Name the article from step 3 as the main article in the package.
5. For any additional information (theorem names, exported rewrites, etc.,
which should probably also be recorded in step 1) add appropriate extra
hol4-something-files to the package.

Unfortunately, that still doesn't solve the problem when a tag shows up not
fully applied (like in a point-free term).