[opentheory-users] quoted strings

Joe Hurd joe at gilith.com
Mon Jan 10 20:14:16 UTC 2011

Hi Ramana,

If you stick to the *representation* of names that I suggest, with the
slashes left in, you will get the right properties of name equality.
Any representation that gives you the same equality property is fine
with me: indeed, OpenTheory uses a different one based on lists of
strings.

Removing slashes, so that

A\.b

and

A.b

have the same representation, will give you the wrong equality
relation on names, so beware.