[opentheory-users] quoted strings

Ramana Kumar ramana.kumar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 19:12:17 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Joe Hurd <joe at gilith.com> wrote:
> Hi Ramana,
>
> I've tried to be clearer in the article specification what the format
> is for strings:
>
> http://www.gilith.com/research/opentheory/article.html#nameCommand
>
> Could you take a look and see if that answers your questions?

Honestly, that is still cryptic to me, although it's quite possible
you're saying everything you need to...
First of all, what does it mean to obtain a string by matching a
regular expression?
I thought matching was a predicate on regular expressions and strings,
i.e. regex -> string -> bool.
So are you just trying to say the match will succeed?
And then you're left with the string, you discard the quotes, but what
about the slashes inside the string?
Unless matching a regex means something more special that would deal
with the slashes...