[metis-users] theorem prover

Joe Leslie-Hurd joe at leslie-hurd.com
Tue Feb 7 18:02:12 UTC 2017

Hi Moussa,

Metis is an automatic theorem prover that takes as input some axioms
and a conjecture in first order logic, and tries to prove the
conjecture from the axioms. It uses a fixed strategy, and it's not
easy to extend it with new proof tactics.*

For your application I would recommend looking at one of the HOL
family of theorem provers, such as HOL Light:
https://github.com/jrh13/hol-light

Good luck with your project,

Joe

[*] However, it's not impossible, as the MetiTarski project shows:
https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~lp15/papers/Arith/